Thursday, July 30, 2009

Peaches and Cherries and Corn, Oh My!

Well, it's that time of year. My husband brought home the first Jersey peaches of the year from the farmer's market. Although I haven't eaten one yet, it's here on my desk, being all beautiful and aromatic. I did just plow through about a half a pound of cherries, having the purple fingers and tongue to prove it. Peaches and cherries are my favorite fruits, and I could probably eat them until something bad happened to my digestive system.

And the corn. Along with the peaches, my husband (did I mention how much I love this guy?) brought home four lovely ears of corn. Simply steamed and buttered, they were absolutely delectable. First of many, many, many ears of corn I will consume this summer. Ditto on the digestive system.

I should note that along with the corn, we had spare ribs slow cooked in the crock pot all day. Fall off the bone goodness! It tastes more like pulled pork, but (at least according to my rules) you can eat it with your fingers. Plus, my darling husband made a lovely salad with the last of this week's produce from our Community Supported Garden (CSG) at Genesis Farms. Pickup of new veggies is tomorrow! I'm really looking forward to it, now that we're in the full swing of summer. Maybe more peaches?!

No comments: